Saturday 14 February 2009

Sad news

Sadly, after my glowing report of a recent barn dance, I received an email from the organisers, asking me very politely to take the video down from YouTube, and consequently from my own website, because someone had complained. Not about the video per se, but because nobody thought to obtain written permission from the parents of the few children shown in the video.

Personally, I think it's madness that we have to jump through so many hoops these days just to please the "politically correct" members of society, who all seem to be descended from Big Brother. However, I concede that there may just be some element of risk for vulnerable young people from paedophiles and the like, who might live expressly for the purpose of hunting down pretty children, identifying where they live and stalking them, possibly taking it further than that.

I am genuinely sorry if I upset or offended anyone by posting the video on the Net, and hope that taking it down will have appeased those who felt hurt.

Next time, I'll make sure we have permission in writing before including children in videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment