Thursday 26 February 2009

Filming in Sheffield

Just had a great couple of days -- yesterday and the day before -- taking part in a film being made by final-year multimedia students at Sheffield Hallam University.

The film's called Fiver Live, and I've got the honour of featuring in the opening sequence. Guess what part I play? Something totally uncharacteristic ... a drunk! It's dawn, and I'm staggering home after a good night out. I fumble in my pocket for my keys and out drops a five pound note. A young man just coming out of a brothel picks up the fiver, and the film follows the journey of this banknote through several individuals' hands, until it gets back to the young man again.

We filmed that at dusk on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday morning I had to be a flower seller on the market. The barman brings the fiver to buy some flowers, but as it changes hands (briefly) it's snatched out of my hands by a passing thief.

I can't wait to see the finished film. It sounds like a good one!

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment