Friday 6 March 2009

Photos and videos

Went down to London yesterday with a friend for a very short visit to The Casting Suite, near Piccadilly Circus. We weren't there very long, but blimey what we packed into that time!

A very capable young woman took a score or more photos, in various suitable poses, against a plain white background and then a pull-down grey backdrop. Not easy to get up after sitting on the floor, but I managed it!

After that, it was time to face the video camera, introduce myself, talk a bit about what I want from the Casting Suite (which is basically the opportunity to appear in TV advertisements, as well as maybe do some modelling -- don't laugh!). After that, I gave my definition of "barn dance", as a contribution to the online visual dictionary website, Wordia.com. I'll let you know when it's up and viewable.

Having completed the photoshoot and videoshoot, it was time to go back upstairs to the office, where another woman showed us the photos by projecting them onto the wall. Great idea! We selected ten for inclusion on the Casting Suite's webpages, and hopefully they'll get spotted by casting directors.

Eventually I'll get hard copies of the photos and video, which I'll be able to use to promote myself even further.

Well ... you can't just sit still and wait for life to come to you, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment